Computer Applications in Translation
Technology is playing an important role in the translation profession today. This course aims at raising students awareness in computer tools and applications including software,
translation memories, spell checker, data base banks, concordancers, etc., which assist in the process of translation. It, also, aims at providing students with practical training on these translation tools and software. Students are also trained to get acquainted with dictionaries and the web sites related to the field.
The general objectives of this course are:
- Raising awareness of the importance of computer applications to translation Providing students with knowledge about using computer in translation,
- Providing students with information on computer software and tools which aid in translation process
- Ability to establish terms banks using Termex, MultiTerm, LogiTerm, etc. programs.
- Knowledge of the major computer TOOLS used in the this field including globalsight, gtranslator, localize, and omega T, for instance.
- Introducing students to e-dictionaries.
Adding KSU email Setting
Adding KSU email Setting> mail> add account> Google > in the mail column write your edu gate ID number @student.ksu.edu.sa and password
شاركي في تعبئة الاستبانة التالية
يمكنك تسجيل اختيارك للبرامج والتطبيقات التي ترغبين بتقديمها في مشروع 1 عبر البيان الموجود على هذا الرابط
قناة المقرر على اليوتيوب
يمكنك التواصل معي
Dr. Hind M. Alotaibi
Office: Building 4/ Room 4G07
Follow the course on twitter: @414CSc
KSU Twasol: Group Code: 57971